Monday, February 27, 2012


the days when you looked at me differently, 
i looked at myself differently

you looked at me through shades of grey,
at times i was confusing, i know,
i haven't always known what i wanted

what i needed

i felt an upheaval of matter,
my heart separating
when you looked at me in anger
i was always sorry

on occasion,
you looked at me through the glassiness of your own pain
you needed me, for a change

i held you beneath stars
waves crashing

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
we held each other into the new year

the nights we spent together in the dark
when we could not see
when our hands found each other
under tangles of white sheets

when we needed each other

when you looked at me through pure eyes
like i was everything you had been missing
like you'd found me

when you looked at me like no one has looked at me since
like i was the answer to the question you'd been asking yourself your whole life

L is for the way you look at me.

you never stopped looking at me
i was the first to break
i always lose

sometimes i wish i'd feel your eyes again

some days i wish you'd look at me, just one last time.

then maybe i could look at myself again 



No comments:

Post a Comment