Thursday, March 8, 2012




I am seated on a navy blue chair, attached to a line of identical chairs, at an empty gate, regretting every piece of clothing I chose not to bring with me to Colorado. "Why leave anything behind?" one might ask me... well you could say I have a fear of flying, which becomes a fear of airports in general, which then manifests itself as a fear of everything one must do once they are dropped at the terminal. So, due to my "irrationalities" as some calls them, I cannot and will not check any bags.. which lead to me being forced to fit everything in a carry on bag (on a side note, I really should compose a letter to the Head Dean President Managerial Mistress of all Airport Nonsense about tripling the allowed size of carry-on luggage). Did I really need my vintage sequin dress? Should I have exchanged on of m Free People Sweaters for my teal 'we the free' maxi dress? Who knows... but after security - boots off, laptop out of bag, liquids out of purse, aztec full length coat off, everything into bins, suitcase on conveyer belt, everything through x-ray, walk through security, everything off conveyer belt, shoes on, jacket on, everything back in purse - find signs, "Shoe shine for the lady?".. no thank you, I finally find myself alone at United Gate C21, alone, wondering if I should have made some space in my suitcase for my floral wedges or another top... the life of a forever fashionista. 

No comments:

Post a Comment